Sunday, August 26, 2012

Countdown

Dave is in Uganda already, and the kids and I leave in 10 days.  Leaving home/pets/school and everything else with which we are familiar for a (relatively) short time is proving to be hard!  There are so many loose ends to tie up.  I think it would be easier just to move.

I am waiting for Dave to investigate the quality and/or availability of what I deem necessities: shampoo for muzungu (white people) hair, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, laundry detergent, bug spray, etc.  I may pack one entire bag full of cockroach poison.  Are they something anyone ever gets used to?  My attempt to anticipate every possible problem is, I am sure, futile.  Frankly, I'm not sure if I really want my mind to go there! If I were a handgun toter, I might want to bring one of those too.  Sadly, I'm not.

If anyone has ideas about other things I might want to be concerned about, speak now.  The countdown has begun!   (Why do I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach after saying that?)

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes as you begin this journey! Not exactly France, but I'm sure it will be another great adventure.

    ReplyDelete